Sailing on a luxury yacht is a great way to relax and spend a memorable time with your loved ones. The unending blue sea around you, the calming sound of the waves, the clear sky above; there are only a few other things that could compare to this experience. To ensure that your yachting vacation is full of pleasant memories,
Here are a few things to remember before boarding your yacht charter in Miami.
Things to Remember When Picking a Luxury Yacht Rental for Sailing
1. Practice Your Sailing
If you are about to sail the yacht yourself, take your lessons! It is best to go on a sailing adventure after you’ve prepared yourself well. Learn how to sail and practice it in calm waters and places with light traffic first. The wind is key to sailing. Let your initial sailing experiences be in areas with light wind for you to practice control better.
As you get hands-on with maneuvering the calmer waters, gradually make your way upward. For a smooth sailing experience, you can even take the help of experienced skippers on your Luxury Yacht Rental and enjoy the waves as they come.
2. Dress Right
Aside from the usual boat equipment, your crewed luxury yacht also has safety equipment. It helps to know where that safety equipment is kept. To ensure that you don’t forget anything essential here is a small checklist to keep track of everything :
- Shoes with rubber soles are the ideal footwear choice.
- Be sure to take life jackets for everyone on board.
- A hat, sunscreen, and some basic medicines are also essential to carry while sailing a luxury yacht.
- Keep your belongings in a waterproof backpack, or carry a smaller water-resistant bag for sensitive technology. Your cameras and phones will be thankful.
3. Be Vigilant
A luxury yacht rental gives you the freedom to enjoy it to your fullest. However, you should be careful about certain things.
Here are a few things you should consider onboard for your and your loved one’s safety and security:
- Do not step on ropes, sheets, or any other boat equipment while on board.
- If you aren’t chartering the yacht yourself, do not let your fun be a hindrance to the one doing it. Be watchful of children and pets and make sure that they understand the instructions.
- If you are sailing in a crewed luxury yacht, take note of the crew instructions. Accommodate the crew’s requests as they have years of knowledge and expertise in the industry.
4. Learn the Lingo
The sailors have a peculiar way of communication. Learning a few basic terms can help you communicate with the crew and others on your Miami boat charter easily.
Here are a few words you can start getting the hang of!
- Bow and Stern: The front-facing side of the yacht is its bow, and the back side is known as the stern.
- Starboard and Port: Defining left and right when you are in open waters may get difficult, so starboard and port are the terms! When you stand facing the bow, the side of the yacht to your right is starboard, and that to your left is port.
- Windward and Leeward: Windward is the direction the wind is blowing in and Lee or Leeward is the direction opposite to the wind.
5. Understand the Right of Way
Imagine the roads without any traffic rules! To avoid the waters from turning into a traffic nightmare, there are certain traffic laws, you are expected to follow for a smooth sailing experience on your luxury yacht rental.
- Starboard over Port: When at sea, if you come across another vehicle, the one on the Starboard tack has the right of way over the Port tack.
- Leeward over Windward: A yacht going Leeward has the right of way over the one going Windward.
- Larger over smaller: In most cases, a larger boat or crewed yacht charter has the right of way over a smaller one.
Keeping these tips in mind, make decisions that would be the best for both parties. The professionals on your Miami boat charter will make sure that all the rules and protocols are followed, and you and your crew are safe and secured all the time.
Let Us Plan a Safe & Secure Vacation for You!
Miami Boat Charter is a leading luxury yacht rental offering well-maintained yachts with modern amenities and sleek finishes and a professional crew to cater to all your sailing needs. Right from choosing the right yacht for you to arranging delicious food for you, we will help you plan an unforgettable vacation full of adventures and fun.